Tuesday 15 December 2009

My albums of the decade: 32-25

Yes, I'm counting down my favourite 32 albums of the decade, kicking off today with numbers 32-25. What I'm going to do is show a youtube clip every so often, just to break it up a bit and to provide a bit of entertainment!

Ok, here we go...

32. Telepathe - Dance Mother

A contender straight in from this year, one of the most interesting, vital albums I've heard all year. They're cool and they know it, but I kind of like that about them...

Devil's Trident


31. Beirut - Gulag Orkestar

Still sounds absolutely beautiful. I don't know if he'll ever do anything better.

30. Edan - Beauty and the Beat

How this guy isn't a superstar I don't know. It's a rap album, yet so much more than just that. It's psychedelic, it's heavy, it's funky, with rhymes as sharp as a tack. A massive album.

Rock & Roll (feat. MC Dagha)



29. Spoon - Kill The Moonlight

In terms of consistency Spoon are one of the bands of the decade - any of their albums could have made this list, but it's difficult to top this one.

28. The Arcade Fire - Funeral

I wasn't going to include this, as you couldn't move for the Arcade Fire a few years ago and I got a bit tired of them...but then I listened to it again. It is a masterpiece.

27. Stereolab - Sound Dust

Their last album with poor lovely Mary Hanson and, in my opinion, their best.

Captain Easychord



26. Air - 10,000Hz Legend

After the massive success of Moon Safari this was their response: proggy, difficult in parts, but the more you listened to it the more it rewards you. Still sounds exciting today.

25. PJ Harvey - Stories From the City, Stories From the Sea

The album where everything came together. It's breathtaking.

No comments:

Post a Comment