Friday 18 December 2009

My albums of the decade: 8-1

So here it is...I'm not going to gush about any of these, just post the songs which sum up why I love them so much.



8. King Creosote - Rocket DIY

Though I can't for this, as youtube seems sadly devoid of songs from this wonderful album. King Creosote is amazing, he can take you through every emotion in the space of one song. And that voice! Plus he's a lovely fella to boot. The song to look for most from this is The Someone Else. It's simply stunning.



7. Delgados - Hate



6. Radiohead - Kid A



5. Panda Bear - Person Pitch



4. The Kingsbury Manx - The Fast Rise and Fall of the South



3. Joanna Newsom - Ys



2. Smog - A River Ain't Too Much To Love



1. Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds - No More Shall We Part


So there you have it. I wasn't necessarily expecting that to be number one (I thought it'd be Smog or Joanna Newsom) but as soon as I thought about it and listened to it again it was unmoveable.

No comments:

Post a Comment